Women’s sunglasses are a stylish and practical accessory to complete any outfit. They come in a variety of styles, shapes, and colors that allow you to express your individual style while protecting your eyes from the sun’s damaging UV rays. Whether you’re looking for something subtle or daring, there are plenty of options when it comes to women’s sunnies. From classic aviators to glamorous cat-eyes and statement-making oversized frames, these sunglasses will help take your look up a notch while providing essential protection from ultraviolet radiation.
History of Women’s Sunglasses
Women’s sunglasses have come a long way since the days of Jackie O and her signature oversized frames. From making a statement with bold designs to protecting eyes from harmful UV rays, women’s sunglasses have been a staple accessory for decades. Here is a look at the history of womens sunnies and how they evolved over time.
The first recorded use of sunglasses dates back to ancient China in the 12th century when they were used primarily by judges in courtrooms to mask their expressions during trials. It wasn’t until the 20th century that women began wearing them as fashion accessories, but even then, it was mostly limited to movie stars or those in entertainment circles who wanted to stand out from the crowd.
In 1929, Sam Foster introduced mass-produced sunglasses that could be purchased in drugstores across America. This was an important milestone because it made fashionable eyewear accessible to everyone—not just celebrities or those with money—and allowed people to express themselves through their eyewear choices for the first time.
Benefits of Wearing Sunnies
When it comes to protecting your eyes, sunglasses are essential. Not only do they protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays, but they also provide a fashionable and practical accessory to any wardrobe. With so many options available in styles and features, there is no reason why you shouldn’t invest in a pair of quality sunglasses. Here are some of the benefits of wearing sunnies:
- Protect Your Eyes from Harmful UV Rays – Perhaps the most important benefit of wearing sunglasses is that they protect your eyes from ultraviolet (UV) rays. The sun emits two types of UV radiation that can damage the eyes—UV-A and UV-B radiation—and both can cause serious eye issues like cataracts, macular degeneration, corneal burns and even cancer if left unprotected for too long. Wearing polarized or UV blocking lenses will help keep your eyes safe while still allowing you to enjoy being outdoors without squinting or straining them as much as possible.
- Reduce Eye Strain – Wearing sunglasses when out in bright sunlight helps reduce eye strain caused by excessive light entering the eye which leads to tiredness and headaches after extended periods outside without protection for your peepers!
Types of Women’s Sunglasses
When it comes to sunglasses, women have a wide variety of styles to choose from. Whether you’re looking for something that makes a statement or something subtle and timeless, there’s a pair of sunglasses that’s perfect for you. Here are some popular types of women’s sunglasses available today:
Aviators – Aviator-style sunglasses are classic and timeless. The classic aviator style has metal frames with lenses that are slightly curved and usually colored in shades like brown or gray. They can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion – perfect for all kinds of activities!
Cat Eye Sunglasses – Cat eye sunglasses are characterized by their upswept frames and lenses with rounded corners at the top, which give them their distinctive shape. These glasses come in many different colors and styles, so you can find the one that suits your own personal look best!
Round Sunglasses – Round sunglasses have become increasingly popular in recent years as they offer a unique retro-inspired look while providing ample protection from the sun’s rays. They come in a variety of colors, sizes, and materials so you can easily find one that matches your personality perfectly!
Care and Maintenance Tips for Sunnies
As the summer season gets closer, many of us are getting ready to break out our favorite pairs of sunglasses. Whether you prefer aviators, wayfarers, or oversize sunnies, taking good care of them is essential for protecting your vision and preserving that stylish look. Here are some tips to help keep your sunglasses in tip-top shape:
- Clean regularly: Wiping down your lenses with a microfiber cloth every day can prevent dust and dirt from accumulating on the lenses and distorting vision quality. You can also use a gentle cleaning solution (preferably one made specifically for glasses) if needed.
- Handle with care: Treating your sunnies gently will reduce the risk of scratches or other damage to the lenses or frame. Avoid setting them face down as this could cause scratches on the lenses; instead, place them in their case when not in use so they’re safe and secure at all times.
- Store properly: When you’re not wearing your sunglasses make sure they’re stored away safely in their case – preferably a hard-shell one that offers extra protection against shocks and bumps which could damage them beyond repair! Avoid leaving them lying around where pets.
Women’s sunglasses are an essential fashion accessory for any woman. They are both stylish and practical, providing protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays as well as a way to show off one’s personal style. With so many different types of frames and lens colors available, there is something to suit every taste. Whether you prefer classic aviators or bold cat-eye frames, women’s sunglasses can be a fun and stylish addition to any outfit.